Saturday, September 5, 2009

København pt.2 - design

I had the pleasure of meeting Kate's friend Erica of Steel Toe Studio's,  truly a fantastic artist and designer. My mind had been in the clouds for a few weeks, so when I met her and she got me into the Designboom show I was uber excited. Here are some highlights.  (and here is the rest)
This is kvadrat's clouds.  I've been in love with this installation concept forever and was so happy to see it in person.
I want horns on my bike now.  Josh is supposedly working on it for me.
What a cute resource reminder.  As you use paper towels, the little gopher and plant sink into the log.  Don't say bye-bye, just use less paper!  Ok, I'm usually not into these cutesy things, but I like this.
I think my friend Stephanie Bassos would love this.  Its wall paper you can pick off the wall to create patterns.  So cool.
Scrap play ground!
This is a fabulous student's indoor fireplace design.  At the bottom is a receptacle to burn alcohol, and when you light it, the interior is lined in brass which sparkles boldly.  So beautiful.

On to some window displays...
This dress is made of yarn, what a bold indian enchantress!
Mirrors on the floor of this window create an incredible gleam.
I love the street aspect of display as opposed to confining it to a window.  Cool Copenhagen, cool.

2 comments:

  1. Crystal - now here is something you and Linsey could be inspired by....outdoor display. How fun. Now only if Chicago would make permits an easy process.

    Meaghan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love the paper towel holder! Super cute, because you know I love my paper towels but that would make me not want to use them... lol!

    Annnd please get horns on your bike.. JOSH DO IT!

    ReplyDelete

Followers