Sunday, August 23, 2009

Karlskrona Second Hand

If you know me at all, you know I love finding vintage furniture and wares...and I'm especially a sucker for lamps.  Which is why the beauty below was my first purchase from Karlskrona Second Hand.  Its amazingly full store of antiques and treasures, from floor to ceiling (recommendation: don't wear a large backpack inside)!  Some things are pricey, but the owner knows his stuff.  He will most likely offer you a cup of coffee, and when you ask for the price of something he will tell you the date and history behind it.  I totally recommend going here, if not for the antiques, then for the coffee and to talk to the delightful antiquesman.  Its on Drottningatan, a few blocks south of Kyrkogatan.  All of the antique stores here keep odd hours...you'll know this one is open when the awnings are out, the sidewalk is overflowing with goods, and the coffee thermos is steaming on the stoop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers